When creating a job requisition from Position Org Chart, the wrong value is pulled for a specific field. The value on the created job requisition does not match the one on the position.
This can happen for a lot of fields, but the most frequent cases are for division, department and location.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
1) Go to Company Info, tab Position Org Chart
2) Select a vacant position
3) Create a job requisition for this position
4) The job requisition is created without error but the value in one of the fields is incorrect (does not match the value on the position).
The mapping for this field is not precise enough - it is using only name or code but should use both. As a result, the system will select the first value in the list of matches. For example: if your division name is IT, the system will take the first division name including the letters 'it', rather than look for the exact match.
1) Go to Admin Centre.
2) Go to Position Management Settings > tab Integration
3) Open the rules for mapping fields between position and job requisition
4) For the field pulling the incorrect value, you will have a mapping on name only or code only.
5) Replace the existing mapping following this example:
6) The screenshot is for division, you will need to do the same for your field by simply replacing the field name.
7) Important notes:
- the order is critical and should not be changed - Name first and Code second
- the example is mapping the default value for the name, but if you have a mapping using a specific locale for the name, keep using the same one.
8) It is recommended you use this mapping for all fields mapped only on code or name to avoid similar issues in the future.
9) Save your changes.
10) Go to Admin Centre > ODATA API Metadata Refresh and Export. Click on the Refresh button and let the process complete (it should take less than a minute).
11) Test again.
Job Requisition, Position Org Chart, Incorrect value, Wrong value , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-INT , Integrations & Intelligent Services , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem