You are not able to Query the value of an Extension Field in Sales Order using the QuerySalesOrder Webservice.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
In SOAP UI or any other API testing tool, when retrieving Sales Order information via QuerySalesOrder webservice, you notice that the XML response does not include some or all of your Extension Fields.
This is due to the Extension Fields not being configured to be added to the webservice QuerySalesOrderIn.
To check this, follow these steps:
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Open any Sales Order.
- Hover over Key User Settings and click Start Adaptation Mode.
- In the top-right of the screen, click on the button with your profile picture.
- Go into Adaptation Mode.
- In the side bar, scroll down until you see a plus ('+') sign.
- Click on it and select Extension Fields.
- Highlight the extension field that is not being shown in the webservice.
- Click on Further Usage.
- Go to the tab Services.
You notice that the field is not marked as Field Available for Service: QuerySalesOrderIn (Communication Direction: Outbound).
You need to add this field to the QuerySalesOrderIn webservice.
To do so, follow these steps in the screen reached on step 11 of the Cause section:
In the list, highlight the line for Service: QuerySalesOrderIn (Communication Direction: Outbound).
- Click on the Add Field button.
- Close the Further Usage screen.
Sales Order ; Extension Field ; QuerySalesOrderIn ; Webservice , KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , How To