You want to change the position of an item in the Sales Order, but the Renumber button is disabled.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Select the Sales Order ABC (ABC represents your Sales Order ID).
- Select Edit.
- Navigate to the Items tab.
You can see that the "Renumber" button is grayed-out.
You likely have ATP checks scoped in your system. In this case, you cannot change the sequence of the items because it is decided by the ATP check based on availability.
To check this, follow these steps:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Choose the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the relevant project.
- Click on the Next Button until you are in the Questions step.
- Choose Selling Products and Services, then Sales Orders.
You see that the question "Do you want to immediately confirm quantities and requested dates during sales order creation based on an availability check?" is marked as In Scope.
This is the expected system behaviour. If ATP checks are scoped you will not be able to renumber the items in the Sales Order.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influencer Site to submit an idea: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/campaign/886.
Sales Order ; Renumber ; Disabled ; Greyed-out ; Grayed-out ; ATP , KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , How To