When you are trying to replicate Materials from ERP to C4C, an error Activation not permitted; Base quantity type missing is displayed in Web Service Message Monitoring.
SAP Hybris for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Prerequisite: Replicate Materials from ERP to C4C
1. Login to C4C system
2. Navigate to Administrator Work Center and select WebService Message Monitoring
3. Select a failed message, choose actions and error log.
4. You will notice the Error Text under Details as : Activation not permitted; Base quantity type missing
If you refer the payload for the respective error record in Web Service Message Monitoring, you can see the XML tag <BaseMeasureUnitCode>ABC</BaseMeasureUnitCode>. Since you have not maintained the Code List Mapping for the Unit ABC in Business Configuration in C4C, the error occurs.(ABC is the external system unit of measure)
Maintain Code List Mapping in Business Configuration
- Go to Work Center Business Configuration and click on OVERVIEW.
- Search the configuration element "Code List Mapping for Integration with External Applications and Solutions"
- Go to Maintain Code List Mapping
- In tab "Code List Mapping Definition" select "MeasureUnitCode" for Local Data Type Name.
- Click on "Add Row" to create a new entry: "External code" (ABC): mapped to the relevant "Local Code (XYZ)" (XYZ is the local UOM code)
Note: Steps to Verify the List of Local Codes maintained in C4C system.
- Go to Business Configuration Work Center
- Search for Quantities and Units of Measure
- Choose the Trading Units of Measurement Or Physical Units of Measurement Hyperlink
- Search for XYZ under UoM Symbol column.
Activation Status of this record should be 2 – Released.
Material replication C4C ERP , KBA , LOD-CRM-INT-ERP , Integration of C4C with ERP , LO-INT-COD , CRM On Demand Integration , Problem