You try to pack into an Outbound Delivery into logistic units but you receive the following error messages:
Creation of package failed
-----> Load package data failed
-----> Inner package same as parent package
Business By Design
Reproducing the Issue
- Open Work centre Outbound Logistics and then choose: Outbound Deliveries.
- Find and select Outbound Delivery ABC ( ABC represents the Outbound Deliver ID).
- Click Packing.
- Insert a Top Package DEF (DEF represents the Logistic Unit).
- Insert a second package XYZ (XYZ being another Logistic Unit).
One of the reason this error message appear is because the question 'Do you want to pack into logistics units creating package IDs based on outbound deliveries?' is not scoped in your Implementation Project.
You need to scope the Question ‘Do you want to pack into logistics units creating package IDs based on outbound deliveries?’. It can be found on the path:
- Go to Business Configuration - Implementation Projects.
- Edit your Project Scope.
- Go to the 4th tab ‘Question’.
- Expand ‘Manufacturing, Warehousing, and Logistics’.
- Expand ‘Tracking, Tracing, and Identification’.
- Select ‘Handling and Logistics Units’.
- Add ‘Do you want to pack into logistics units creating package IDs based on outbound deliveries?’ to your scope, and save it.
Creation, package, failed, Load, data, Inner, parent, Outbound Delivery, Packing , KBA , AP-LUD-ILU , Identified Logistic Unit , Problem