The Customer Invoice created from Manual Invoice Request doesnot have Automatic Tax determination indicator set even though the Tax was determined automatically by the system in the invoice request.
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Customer Invoicing workcenter.
- Select New Manual Invoice from the Common Tasks.
- Enter the Account details and other mandatory details in the Invoice request.
- Click on View All and navigate to Items Tab.
- Add the Product XXX and check the Taxes Tab (XXX is the Id of the Product).
- You can see that Automatic Tax Determination indicator is set.
- Now Release the Invoice Request and the Customer Invoice YYY is created (YYY is the ID of the Customer Invoice).
- Go to Invoice Documents View in Customer Invoicing workcenter and search for Invoice YYY.
- Select the Invoice and click on Edit Button.
- Now in the Invoice screen, click on View All Button and navigate to Items Tab.
- Select the Product XXX and navigate to Taxes Subtab
- Here you will see that the Automatic Tax Determination indicator is not set.
This is system standard behavior. In the Customer Invoice Request to Customer Invoice scenario, the Automatic Tax Determination indicator is set to false, because the Invoice request passes the tax code to the Invoice, hence externally passed. This is because the same taxes should be applied to Invoice Request and Invoice. Hence the tax code is copied from Invoice Request, which results in the Automatic Tax Determination indicator in Invoice to be set to False.
This is system standard behavior.
Automatic Tax Determination, Tax Determination; , KBA , AP-CI-CIR , Customer Invoice Request , Problem