When you create New Customer Return Notification with Delivery Type as Third Party, Ship-to Location does not get updated by default. However, it gets updated if delivery type is Standard.
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Inbound Logistics Work center.
- Go to Common Tasks view.
- Choose New Customer Return Notification subview.
- In section: Outbound Delivery Data, choose Delivery Type as Third Party via drop down.
- Choose Go.
- Select the required Delivery ID.
- Navigate to next guided activity i.e. Edit Customer Return Delivery Notification.
- Here you can see under section: Organizational Information, Ship-to Location is not defaulted automatically.
In case of Third Party Order Processing, there is no Ship-From Location exists, hence Ship-to Location is not defaulted.
However, with Delivery type as Standard process, Ship-to Location is proposed as the Ship-from Location defaulted of the Outbound Delivery.
This is an Expected System behavior.
Ship-to Location ,Inbound Logistics, New Customer Return Notification, Third Party Order Processing , KBA , ship to location , customer return , AP-IDP , Inbound Delivery Processing , Problem