When executing the migration of suppliers, the migration tool raises the following message in the Simulation step:
"Bank ID Missing"
SAP Business ByDesign - 1802 and above.
Reproducing the Issue
Access the Business Configuration work center.
- In the Overview view, search for the activity Migration of Suppliers.
- Enter the activity, and click on the sub-activity Migrate Suppliers Using the Migration Tool.
- Click on You Can Also -> Download Migration Template.
- Fill the template with the data that needs to be migrated.
- Upload the file through the button Upload -> Data from Migration Template.
- After uploading the file, click on Execute Migration -> Step by Step.
- Proceed to the step 3 - Simulation.
- After processing the simulation, the error message is displayed.
The error message is raised because the system cannot determine the SWIFT/BIC number based only on the IBAN code of the bank.
To solve this issue, populate both fields IBAN and SWIFT/BIC in the migration template.
It is worth mentioning that these fields are inside the Bank Data sheet of the template, which is hidden by default.
In order to unhide the sheet of the template, follow the steps in KBA 1970359 - Tab is Missing in the Migration Template .
Bank ID, supplier data, simulation , KBA , SRD-MD-BP-SUP , Suppliers , How To