Users see the "Edit" button over documents uploaded at SAP Jam instance, but when clicking in it, the button does nothing.
There are a few causes for this missing action on JAM:
- Users do not have the "SAP Jam application launcher" installed on their machine;
- Users are not using Internet Explorer Browser;
- Users do not have ActiveX filtering enabled;
- Users do not have "SharePoint OpenDocuments Class" installed and enabled over the add-ons of Internet Explorer.
- Verify if ActiveX is enabled in Internet Explorer browser:
ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer prevents sites from installing and using these apps. This can help keep you safer as you browse, but it can also affect the performance of certain sites. For example, when ActiveX Filtering is on, videos, games, and other interactive content might not work
You can find instructions on Microsoft Web site for "ActiveX Controls", on how to:
- Turn off ActiveX Filtering for individual sites;
- Turn off ActiveX Filtering for all sites;
- Turn on ActiveX Filtering for all sites.
- Verify if Internet Settings are on the proper zone. To check what zone Jam is in, load a Jam page, then right click the window and select properties. You will be presented with the following dialog:
NOTE: Jam will likely be either in the Trusted Sites zone, or Internet Zone.
- From "Manage add-ons" dialog in IE, select Show "All add-ons" to view all installed add-ons. Ensure "SharePoint OpenDocuments Class" is installed and enabled":
- If customer has Office 365 installed, it may not have OWSSUPP.dll. To check this information, please click "More Information" on the screen shown above. Then, the following screen will be presented:
In the Office 2013 and 2016 variants of Office 365, OWSSUPP.dll may not be part of the install. Users may have to install Sharepoint Designer 2013 from Microsoft Web site, to get OWSSUPP.dll.
In Office 2016, Sharepoint Designer has been deprecated, but you can still install Sharepoint Designer 2013 on Microsoft Web site.
Edit documents SAP Jam Application Launcher SharePoint OpenDocuments Class , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , LOD-SF-JAM-APL , Application Launcher , How To