Due to some requirements, the clients need to make changes to some fields or even hide personal data from the candidate profile. This is a common request after a instance refresh (action of copying the production data and configuration to a test/dev/QA instance).
This article explains how to make such changes using Odata.
SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM) - All versions
It is possible to make changes to the candidate profile, such as name, attachments, etc using Odata. This is a simple task and also allows the users to make a mass change to many candidates at once.
In order to see what is possible to change (upsert) by using ODATA API, please see Implementation guide:
https://help.sap.com/doc/74597e67f54d4f448252bad4c2b601c9/latest/en-US/SF_HCM_OData_API_REF_en.pdf and ODATA API Data Dictionary in Admin Centre.
In order to run the calls and make the necessary changes, we will use the software Postman. If you want to check how to install and use it, check article 2482108 - How to use POSTMAN to perform upsert operation.
As an example, we will be updating the name and resume of a candidate. The resume will be just a dummy file.
- The candidate is already existing in the system in this case, the name and resume will be updated by ODATA API.
- In order to construct the Soap Request, we will need the candidate ID. This information can be found in the Adhoc Reports.
- Login to the Postman to construct the ODATA API call.
- We can see that the call was successful
- Also we can see the changes in the UI (both candidate name and attachment)
In order to construct more calls using ODATA API, please use our Implementation Guide as a reference.
2482108 - How to use POSTMAN to perform upsert operation
2603676 - How to update Boolean Value using Postman
odata api, scramble attachment, mask, , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-API , Webservices & APIs , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , How To