This article describes how to update all the applicants' email using integration center.
When using test or development instances, it is necessary to perform tests on recruiting module. In order to avoid real users to receive any communication, it is necessary to update the email provided for the applicants.
SuccessFactors Recruiting Management - All Versions
In order to update all the applicants into the instance, follow the steps provided below:
- Run an ad-hoc report to extract all the Job Application IDs. After concluding this task, save the file in a CSV format and add a column for the new dummy email.
Here is an example:
- After building this file, you will have to upload this file to an FTP server. The integration center will use this to update the application information.
For this article, I will update three applications:
Now is time to create the integration to update the information:
- Go to Admin Center > Integration Center > Click Create > Schedule CSV Input Integration;
- Select Job Application entity:
- Provide the integration name and go to the Configure Fields tab:
- On this screen, you will have to upload a Sample CSV to make the necessary maps between the CSV fields and entity fields. Click on Upload Sample CSV and select a file with the same format that you will use to run this integration. For the examples presented here, I am using the same file for the sample and source of the application data (file stored in the FTP).
- After the preview of the file is displayed, click on this button:
- Now you have to drag and drop the source fields to the destination fields in the entity:
Make sure the field will have the icon as shown above for the linked fields.
On the preview section, you can check the Odata request sample:
- Fill out all the necessary information related to the FTP server where you uploaded the file with the job application information to be updated:
- Click on Review and Run then click Save > Run Now:
After the conclusion, you can check the status of the execution on this same screen.
Check the logs on Last Run Time parameter:
After running the integration you will see one of the three icons next to the last execution time:
- A rex x will mean the integration fails. Click in the execution time to check the logs and be able to identify what caused the failure;
- A yellow exclamation sign means the integration concluded but with a few warning messages. Check the logs to see what are the warnings messages, most of the time the warnings messages do not cause any failure to the integration;
- A green icon means the integration runs successfully;
Checking the applications used as a test, all the emails were updated:
Observation: When using multi-stage application, some fields can be made required for some specific status in the pipeline, if the fields are not filled the application will not be updated due to the missing required fields.
When checking the logs, you will be able to see what are the records that failed:
If one record fails it will not cause the whole integration to fail, it will not update just the record with a missing required field. If just a few records do not get updated, you can enable the EDIT_CANDIDATE_SNAPSHOT and update those records manually. Check article 2081624 - Edit Candidate Profile Snapshot - Recruiting
2081624 - Edit Candidate Profile Snapshot - Recruiting
Scramble emails; masking emails; job application email update; mass update of job application emails; , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , Problem