This Knowledge Base Article describes how to activate Extension Fields for Web Services and demonstrates how values of these fields can be filled in Web Service Calls.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
You create an extension field via the Key User Tools and would like to use it in a Web Service call.
Create an extension field from Adaptation Mode.
- Click on Further Usage to open the extension options.
- Navigate to Services.
You see all interconnected Web Services with the respective Workcenter in which you create the extension field.
- Select the Web Service, which you would like to use.
- Click on Add Field.
- The Checkbox in the Table for column Field Available is ticked and the field can be used in the Web Service.
- For the Web Service call you need the information for the Namespace of the field and the Field Name.
You are now able to use the field in the web service:
- All extension fields have the same structure for the web service call.
- <n1:TechnicalName(field name) xmlns:n1="namespace of the extension field”>Value of extension field</n1:TechnicalName>.
- Replace TechnicalName(field name) with the respective Field name derrived from your Key User Tools.
- Replace "namespace of the extension field" with the actual Namespace of the field.
- For our case the call command is <n1:Plant xmlns:n1="http://sap.com/xi/AP/CustomerExtension/BYD/A0014”>101</n1:Plant>.
- 101 is the assigned Value for our field.
Web Service, Extension Fields, Key User Tool, Erweiterungsfelder , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-FLX , Page Layout & Key User Configuration , How To