You would like to know how the system behaves when a workflow rule fails due to a lock.
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer 1805 and future versions.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Administrator work center.
- Go to the Workflow Rules view.
- Select the line for Workflow Rule XYZ (XYZ represents the Name of the Workflow Rule).
- Click on the cogwheel icon for Actions and select Rule Log.
- See that the Workflow Rule XYZ contains failed entries, but also successful ones.
Whenever a workflow rule fails due to a lock, system will retrigger it so the action to be done by the rule is completed. The workflow engine works via packages, so whenever a rule fails, it will be retriggered as soon as another rule is triggered or in the next hour, if no other rules are triggered in the meantime.
The system will keep trying to trigger the rule until it is successful or until another fail reason is given.
This is the expected system behavior.
If you need this functionality urgently you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center.
You can find more details about the services offered by Cloud Service Center on https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html . You can contact Cloud Service Center as follows:
- If you are a partner: please use firstname.lastname@example.org or the Partnerfinder
- If you are a customer: please use the little blue box “Contact Us” shown on the very right hand side of https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html, choose “Contact Us”, choose “Services”, choose “SAP Custom Development” and complete the page
Note: The services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influencer Site to submit an idea: https://influence.sap.com/SAPCloudforCustomer.
Worfklow Rule ; Lock ; Fail ; Failure ; Behavior ; Trigger , KBA , LOD-CRM-WKF , Workflow , How To