Upload Failure in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
Importing data from SAP Business Warehouse fails with "(!) Failed Upload - An internal server error occurred in the SAP Analytics Cloud agent: Result set is too large; data retrieval restricted by configuration"
Tomcat logs for Tomcat host SAP Analytics Cloud Agent show
- "BW ResultSet: SIZE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED - Result set is too large; data retrieval restricted by configuration"
- BICS_DA_RESULT_SET_LIMIT_DEF and BICS_DA_RESULT_SET_LIMIT_MAX are not set
- # Unexpected problem during tunnel processing in channel ... connectivitytunnel.hana.ondemand.com ... Reason: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host...
- # Unregistered tunnel channel
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.7.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Connect to SAP Analytics Cloud
- Create an Import Data Connection to SAP Business Warehouse
- Initiate the Create > Model workflow
- Attempt to Create Query from a BW Query
- Notice the failure during upload
- Verify that the BW Safety Belt is not configured
When BICS_DA_RESULT_SET_LIMIT_DEF and BICS_DA_RESULT_SET_LIMIT_MAX are not set the system uses the default of 500,000 data cells where the number of data cells is calculated by multiplying the number of rows (distinct combinations of the characteristics members) with the number of key figures/measures.
Set BICS_DA_RESULT_SET_LIMIT_DEF and BICS_DA_RESULT_SET_LIMIT_MAX to a large enough value to accomodate the data cells returned by your query per SAP Note 1127156 - Safety belt: Result set is too large
Increasing the Safety belt value may:
- Have a negative impact on the BW system performance and, if too high, cause out-of-memory dumps.
- Result in another error "An internal server error occurred in the Data Acquisition Service" requiring the increase of JVM memory settings for the Tomcat server where SAP Analytics Cloud Agent is deployed.
- Modify BW query to decrease the returned data cells; OR
- Split the import into multiple queries and use the Append functionality to add it to the same model in SAP Analytics Cloud per https://help.sap.com/doc/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/6aa6a99d4eb5467896c4fd47bc9c7642.html
- 2459623 - "An error occurred in the BW service: Result set is too large; data retrieval restricted by configuration" error in SAP Analytics Cloud
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, SIZE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED, BW, Business Warehouse, ResultSet, Upload, Failed, Safety, Belt , KBA , refresh failed , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem