Unable to run Ad Hoc reports or Ad Hoc reports not available.
Dynamic Search not working in Ad Hoc and Dashboards.
Not able to access the Report builder directory.
Unable to drill down columns in Dashboards.
See the error :
Error encountered in getting the data.com.successfactors.analytics.queryengine.exceptions.QueryEngineException: Error encountered in executing the query Error encountered in executing the query.ORA-00907: missing right parenthesis
Ad Hoc Reporting, Dashboards, Standard Tiles
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Reports
2. Click Ad Hoc Reports
3. Select report
4. Click Share
5. Click Dynamic Group Search and click Search Groups
6. Click required report and click the button Share
7. Proxy as the user it's shared with
8. Go to Ad-Hoc reports and check if report is shared
9. Report is not shared
Since the filter criteria is saved as part of a group definition in the DB, a special character results in a malformed SQL statement which fails to get executed correctly, and hence, reports shared with dynamic groups do not show up in the Ad-hoc report listing page.
As of now, our group definitions do not support values containing single quotes ('). While we work on an escape function for this scenario, the following workaround can be used to remove or alter the faulty group's definition:
1. Login to the application and navigate to Reporting/Analytics > Ad Hoc Reports
2. Click the drop-down icon beside any report and select the share option
3. In the dialog that opens, there should be 3 tabs - Quick Search, Advanced Search and Group Search
4. Select the Group Search tab and click the "Manage Groups" button to open the Group Management dialog
5. Use the toolbar to filter the groups in the data grid based on certain criteria, by searching for groups that contain (') in the filter.
6. The data grid below will show the faulty group definition. Click the edit icon beside this group.
7. A callout should appear next to the corresponding row, in which the (') department can be removed from the "Department" criteria.
8. Save this edited group definition, and check if you still face the same issue
There is an open ticket that has already been raised to address this issue - (http://jira.successfactors.com/browse/RPT-6395) to provide support for special characters in the filter criteria of groups, which can be tracked for more information.
, KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADH , Adhoc Reports & Report Builder , Product Enhancement