You are using SAP Analytics Cloud and want to connect to data stored in your own network: SAP Business Warehouse (BW), Universes, SQL Server databases etc. What Tracing/Logging information would you collect to help troubleshoot the issues?
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018
Trace on HANA Cloud Connector
Logging and Tracing on HANA Cloud Connector documentation can be found at:
Trace on SAP Analytics Cloud Agent
SAP Analytics Cloud Agent is a web application (C4A_AGENT) and is usually deployed in Apache Tomcat.
- Tomcat Access Logger can be used to determine if communication from HANA Cloud Connector is reaching the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent: http://www.techstacks.com/howto/configure-access-logging-in-tomcat.html
- This log should contain something like the following when HANA Cloud Connector contacts SAP Analytics Cloud Agent.
10.165.19.90 - orca [09/Apr/2019:12:36:30 -0700] "GET /C4A_AGENT//deploymentInfo HTTP/1.1" 200 19
- Tomcat Error Logger can be used to troubleshoot errors between SAP Analytics Cloud Agent and Data Source such as SAP Universe
- Tomcat error log can be found at <Tomcat_Install_Dir>/logs/tomcat-stderr.<DATE>.log (for example "tomcat7-stderr.2018-04-09.log")
- Inside this log file you should see an entry for the error. Here are some examples:
- April 09, 2018 11:29:48 AM com.sap.fpa.cloud.internal.DAException logException
- SEVERE: Could not reach CMS '10.165.28.118'. Specify the correct host and port and check for network issues. (FWM 20030)
- Could not reach CMS '10.165.28.118'. Specify the correct host and port and check for network issues. (FWM 20030)
Trace on various data source
- SAP Universe: KBA 2531819 - Troubleshooting errors importing SAP Universe (UNX) in SAP Analytics Cloud
Browser side tracing (Chrome Developer Tools HAR)
- KBA 2280022 - How to collect HAR files in SAP Analytics Cloud
Chrome Developer Tools network panel is useful for troubleshooting page loading performance and obtaining request / response information.
In the network panel we can get the detailed action log and resource information for each request by reviewing Headers, Preview, Response, Cookies, and Timing sections.
Header:The Request Payload is important to get the detail action log and resource information
Preview: In preview tab, we can also find the detail data source information.
Response: In response tab, we can find the status information for the request resource data.
Timing : Timing information is helpful when troubleshooting the performance issue. In the timing tab, we can know how the time is distributed for each request, especially for the request time and waiting time.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem