Incoming message to C4C via "MaterialReplicationInitiatedByExternalIn" fails with error "Activation not permitted; cross-process category missing"
SAP Hybris Cloud For Customer
Reproducing the Issue
You are sending Materials from ERP to C4C via MATMAS.
In C4C ,
1) Go to Webservice Message Monitoring
2) Check the messages with service interface "MaterialReplicationInitiatedByExternalIn" and status "Application Error"
3) Navigate to Error Log , you find "Activation not permitted; cross-process category missing"
1) You are sending Material/Product to C4C without Product Category allocated to it.
2) In ERP, you can create Product without Product Category, but in C4C Product Category is mandatory for every Product
You have two options to fix this issue.
Option 1 :
Send the Product Category from ERP and the message will not fail.
Option 2 :
Enhance the middleware mapping in such a way that if MATKL is empty from IDOC, fill the target field (ProductCategoryID) with a constant (dummy category)
Product Replication; MaterialReplicationInitiatedByExternalIn, Product Category Missing , KBA , LOD-CRM-INT-ERP , Integration of C4C with ERP , Problem