- Warning displays when opening a report.
- Opening a Crystal report in an earlier version than the report was originally created, a warning may appear.
- Warning is "This report was created with a version of Crystal Reports that is newer than the one currently running. Some features used in the report may not be supported".
- Reports are working fine regardless the message.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In a later version of Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source. ( For example: Crystal Reports 2013 )
- Save the report.
- Copy the report to a computer, where a lower version of Crystal Reports is installed. ( For example: Crystal Reports 2008 )
- Open the report.
It will then display the warning.
- This is an expected behavior.
- Reports created in a newer version of Crystal Reports, can be open in a lower version of the product, as Crystal Reports is backwards compatible, but the newer version of the product includes functions that are not always available in the older version, and this is the reason it displays the warning.
- The warning cannot be removed as it's a general information message that reminds the user on the possible changes.
- The message will not be displayed in newer versions or the same version of Crystal Reports in which the report was created.
crystal, report, compatible, compatibility, version, feature, support , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016