This KBA describes the steps for creating a technical API user, assigning the needed permissions to this user, and testing it using postman or soapUI.
SuccessFactors Employee Central OData API
SuccessFactors Employee Central SFAPI
This KBA consists of the following steps to set up an API user for the integration senario between SAP ERP HCM or SAP S/4HANA and Successfactors:
Enabling SFAPI Web Services. Please refer to the KBA 2626355
- Importing API user. Please refer to the KBA 2626393
- Maintaining Permission Groups. Please refer to the KBA 2626308
- Maintaining Permission Roles. Please refer to the KBA 2626363
- Maintaining password & login Policy Settings. Please refer to the KBA 2628822
- Resetting User passwords. Please refer to the KBA 2628823
- Installing postman (optional). Please refer to the KBA 2626309
- Testing OData call with postman (optional). Please refer to the KBA 2626364
- Installing soapUI (optional). Please refer to the KBA 2626356
- Testing SFAPI call with soapUI (optional). Please refer to the KBA 2626335
Once the API user is created and tested, it should be passed to the person (SAP support, your consultant) who requires this to anlayse API issues or complete the needed configurations on HCI, Boomi, etc.
Creating API user, API user permessions, API user role , KBA , LOD-SF-INT , SF Integrations - EC Payroll, Boomi/ HCI, API , LOD-SF-INT-ODATA , OData API Framework , How To