When processing the payment to employee, you receive the error message:'Entry in mandatory field Bank Charges Paid By for Domestic bank transfer missing.'
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to work center Payables.
- Go to view Automatic Payments.
- Show All Payment Proposals and Find XXX(XXX represents the ID of payment).
- Open Payment ID XXX.
- Click on View All.
- Payee is employee ABC(ABC represents the ID of employee).
- Click on Check or Execute Payment, receive error message:Entry in mandatory field Bank Charges Paid By for Domestic bank transfer missing.
- You are unable to find field Bank Charges Paid By of employee ABC.
When payment medium format is S.W.I.F.T. MT103 for a payment, it requires a bank bearer code i.e. Bank Charges Paid By is a mandatory field. Currently, if such a payment is generated from a payment run, this error cannot be overcome because the screen for automatic payment does not contain this field.
Go to the Liquidity Management work center.
- Go to the Payment Monitor view.
- Show All Payment and Find XXX.
- Select Document ID XXX and click on Edit.
- Note down all the details as you are going to void and create a new payment.
- Click on Actions and select Void Proposal.
- Go to view Payment Monitor.
- Click on New Payment By and select Outgoing Bank Transfer.
- Fill in the details as per previous payment. Make sure to check the open item that was there on the original payment.
- Ensure you have filled Bank Charges Paid By field.
- Post the payment.
bank charges paid by, bank transfer , KBA , AP-PAY , Payment Processing , How To