- This article is meant to compliment and provide additional info and clarification on the Business Configuration UI (BC UI) section of the Contingent workforce management(CWF).
- The intend is to better explain the proper way of setting up BC UI for CWF and how order of configuration and setup can affect behavior of what you will see in your UI when working with Employees who are contingent workers.
- SAP Successfactors HCM Suite
- Employee Central
- Contingent Workforce
In Manage Business Configuration tool, you can define specific UI configs specifically for the various portals (Like Job information, Home Address etc).
This is done by going to the specific HRIS Element within the tool and select to create a new UI Config. You choose "Contingent Worker" as the Person Type (See example screenshot below).(Note: The below screenshot and any other screenshots in this kbase have been taken from test instances)
After defining the config UI and saving it, you can add and enable the fields you want to show in this new UI.
Before creating any UI specific to Contingent workforce; I recommend you first fully understand the order of how the UI will be shown when specific sections related to CWF have been created or not.
In the following examples for ease of explaining, HomeAddress is used to show how it relates for Contingent Workers. But the logic applies to other portlets and not only HomeAddress.
- When only HomeAddress is defined, No HomeAddress info at all will be shown
- When both HomeAddress and Country specific (csf) HomeAddress is defined (Example: HomeAddress_USA), still no HomeAddress at all will be shown for Contingent workers
- When only HomeAddress_cwk is enabled, HomeAddress portal will be displayed and show field defined in homeaddress_cwk config UI.
- When both HomeAddress_cwk and homeaddress_csf_cwk enabled, HomeAddress portal will be displayed with fields defined in homeaddress_csf_cwk
- When both HomeAddress_cwk and homeaddress_csf_cwk disabled, HomeAddress won’t show.
Note: It is NOT possible to have homeAddress_csf_cwk defined without having HomeAddress_cwk.
If HomeAddress_csf_cwk has only been defined for some countries and not all; you may get the warning message "No Data Available for this country" for the countries that do NOT have HomeAddress_csf_cwk defined.
CWF, order, config UI, BCUI , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-CWF , Contingent Workforce , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To