- LMS External User Integration with SAP Jam
- SAP Jam
- SF LMS
What do you get when it's all done?
Once you do the integration, you have a URL where an external user can register in LMS.
The URL looks something like this: https://<YourLMSURL>/learning/user/portal.do?siteID=<SiteIDYouConfigure>&landingPage=login .
An external user can use this to register or login.
When they login, they can see a learning catalog and courses (if assigned). They can also navigate to SAP Jam.
In SAP Jam, you can see the external users in SAP Jam under the Admin area > Users > Extranet > SuccessFactors. When you invite these external users to a Jam group, use their email to send them an invitation.
Experiences during the setup and a few tips
- Once you create the user, you need to ensure they get this assignment profile. In order to do this, go to the Assignment Profile in Learning Administration > System Admin. Select Synchronize to manually add the users (you could also schedule this).
- Once you do this job, select Existing Users in Assignment Profile and you will see your external users.
- If an external user is self-registering to LMS, the user is automatically provided with an external account in SAP Jam and can therefore be invited to an SAP Jam external learning group. The learner can work together with the instructor and learners as well as browse, sort, filter, and comment on learning items, curriculum, and scheduled offerings in SAP Jam.
- LMS external user can browse the catalog (assuming they are part of an assignment profile that has access to the catalog).
- There is a LMS scheduled job which runs regularly to send Jam group invitations to the LMS external user. LMS external user sees this invitation under their notification “bell” in SAP Jam.
- LMS external user has the same view rights as internal users on viewing LMS data such as items and scheduled offerings. They can also comment and feeds, and engage with everyone in the training room group.
SF LMS external user in SAP Jam
external learners , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM-LMS , JAM integration issues with LMS , How To