Description is missing for a Production Task.
SAP Bydesign All versions
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Production Control.
- Show all and search Task XXX.
- You can see that task description is missing.
Production task description depends on two settings in the corresponding Production Model:
1. Task Generation Method.
2. 'Element Description' maintained for Bill of Material.
The corresponding Production Model is using task generation strategy as 'Reporting Point including Operations and Activities' for this task generation method, whatever description is maintained for element type 'Reporting Point' should come in the task description.
In the corresponding production model , if you check the Bill of Operation structure, then you can see that there is only one element 'End' which is marked as 'Reporting Point'. Since no element description is maintained for this, task description is not coming.
If you maintain task generation method as 'Reporting Point including Operations and Activities', then whatever description youmaintain for 'Reporting Point' will show as task description.
- For method 'Activity including Reporting Point', description maintained for element type 'Activity' will show as task description.
- For method 'Operation including Reporting points', description maintained for element type 'Operation' will show as task description.
Production Task Description , KBA , AP-PE , Production , How To