Candidates can enter alphanumeric values on their Primary, Secondary phone and Social Security Number.
SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
In Candidate Profile
1. Go to Phone and Secondary Phone numbers
2. Add any text with alpha chracters and click on save
3. You will able to save successfully
In the Candidate Application
1. Apply to a requisition
2. Fill out information on the Candidate profile
3. Proceed to Candidate application
4. See Phone field and add any alpha character on the field
5. Click Save
6. You will be able to save successfully
The reason why candidates can save alphanumeric characters in the Phone number fields is because the "Enable field level validaiton on standard Phone Number fields (cellPhone and & homePhone) on the Candidate Profile & Application" is not enabled.
Enable the field validation for Phone Number fields in Admin Center -> Manage Recruiting Settings -> Field Validation.
Once the validation is enabled you will be prompted with a message shown below when alpha characters are added in the Phone number fields in the Candidate and Application profile.
For Social Security Number, the system will not let the candidate add any alpha characters ot the fields at all and only numbers will be accepted.
- Phone Numbers - Candidate Profile - Field Validation - Number validation , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAP , Candidate Profiles , How To