- User cannot logon to SAP Analytics Cloud after granting new roles to the user.
- The following message appears:
- "Your user account has been updated. You will need to log on whith the following identification from now on: <E-mail>".
- "SAML Single Sign-On" with dynamic user creation option is enabled on the Tenant.
- "Mapping SAML Attributes to Users" is enabled on the Tenant.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.4.1
- SAML Single Sign-On (SSO)
Reproducing the Issue
- Configure "SAML Single Sign-On" using the dynamic user creation option.
- SAP has enabled "Mapping SAML Attributes to Users" for the custom IdP.
- Logon with a user A, who has never logged in to the Tenant.
- Notice that the logon is successful.
- Grant additional roles with an Admin user to user A and Save.
- Notice that the message appears for the user in the users menu, even though:
"The email address has recently been changed, and it is pending until the user logs in the next time. The last email address that was used for login was <e-mail>."
- Try to Logon to the System with user A.
- Notice the error from the symptom part.
- The mapping attribute (Example.Example@Example.com) is overwritten by another attribute (Example.Example@example.com) because of the "Mapping SAML Attributes to Users" setting, if granting a new role.
- As any mapping attribute is case sensitive, it is not possible to log on anymore.
This issue is currently under investigation by Development.
- Copy the <name ID> for the particular user from Google developer tool SAML tab.
- Paste it in the E-Mail column for the particular user in SAP Analytics Cloud users menu.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, SSO, hub, attribute, , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem