The balance being displayed in the 'Time Account Balance as of Termination Date' section in the Termination screen is including the planned time off even if it's still in the future.
Successfactors - Employee Central Time Off
Reproducing the Issue
- Employee has a future dated leave (on 27th March 2018).
- The termination rule assigned to the Time Account Type is as below (the accrual frequency is monthly).
- Employee is being terminated on 25th March 2018 and since there is a future dated leave (on 27th March 2018), the value gets negated from the prorated leave balance i.e 2(Accrual from Jan 2018) + 2(Accrual from Feb 2018) + 3(prorated termination rule applied in the month of march) – 1 (Future leave request) = 6. Therefore, 6 will be the entitlement for the leave type but logically the future dated leave request should not be negated as the employee is not availing it.
- This behavior is due to the enhancement 'ECT-71569' "Enhance Payout Balance Calculation to Include Future Time Off Requests", which has been delivered in b1711 release. The Change has been mentioned as a minor enhancement in 1711.
- In earlier releases, payout calculations in the Administer Time or Manage Time Off did not take account of future negative balances.From release Q4 2017, future negative balances are now deducted from the Payout balance. This ensures that a payout of the whole balance does not drive the balance into the negative at some point of time in the future.
- The maximum balances for payout need to consider leave postings existing in the future as well, which was not the case prior to 1711. The enhancement ECT-71569 is fixing this problem.
The Product Management has confirmed that this is an enhancement i.e to check and remove future dated leaves of an employee on his/her termination.
Currently the Enhancement has no fix date, and is currently in discussion. You can track the release of this Enhancement by checking the release notes in each release for ECT-54488.
Please reach out to your CSM if further tracking of ECT-54488 is required.
- However, there is a workaround currently to configure a rule to raise an error/warning if future dated absences exists.
- Please create a rule as below and assign it as On Save in the Employment Details portlet(Via Manage Business Configuration):
The rule checks if there are any absences of type 'Special Vacation' requested from the next day of termination(i.e termination date + 1 day). If you need to check for multiple time types, then add those Time Types as well.
Time Off Termination Future absence ECT-54488 ECT-71569 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time-Off , Problem