- After applying a filter on a hierarchical dimension via an open story URL, the filter automatically created to the first hierarchy.
- There are multiple hierarchies for the dimension.
- The filter value in the url belongs to the second hierarchy, however it gets applied to the first, so the following error message appears: "No data is available for the chart to render."
SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.4.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an SAP Analytics Cloud Story.
- Define and open an open story URL, as per Filter Parameters.
For Example: "https://<TENANT>/sap/fpa/ui/tenants/<TENANT_ID>/bo/story/<STORY_ID>?f01Model=<MODEL_ID>&f01Dim=<DIM_ID>&f01Val=<Value from HIER2>"
- Notice the error and the wrong filter.
Currently we only support filtering on default hierarchy in our Story URL API. The filter is applied on the first hierarchy, while the filter value belongs to another hierarchy.
Supporting other hierarchies requires an enhancement of our product. Please raise this idea on our Customer Inflience site.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, API, incorrect, hier, URL, filter parameters, filter, hierarchy, members, nodes, leaf, first , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem