You have added a service to a Sales Order and changed the Fulfillment for External. You expected to have a Purchase Requested created, however the system did not generate anything.
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Sales Orders view.
- Select the Sales Order ID ABC (ABC represents the ID of the Sales Order).
- Click the Edit button.
- Click the View All button.
- Navigate to the Items tab.
- Select the line with the item type Service.
- Change the Fulfillment for External.
You release the document and no Purchase Request is created.
The system is not design to create Purchase Requests from Sales Order documents with Service which have the fulfillment as External.
This is the expected behavior.
Third-Party Field Service and Repair
Sales Order; External; Fulfilment; Purchase Request; , KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , Problem