Few Fields in the excel plan data are not editable.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to work center Managing My Area.
- Go to view Sales Planning.
- Select the Plan XYZ and click on Edit -> Plan Data in Excel. (XYZ represents the Plan Name)
Some of the fields in the excel are greyed out.
As per default only 250.000 records are displayed. These 250.000 records are those which are editable.
Displaying more than 250.000 records at once is not possible due to memory restrictions in HTTP protocol.
In order to be able to enter your plan data you need to display slices of the plan data, enter your values and save your changes. Afterwards you can enter the values in the next slice.
- Go to work center Business Analytics.
- Go to view Design Reports.
- Create a new report based on data source CRMSTPP.
- In step "Select Key Figures" deselect "Counter".
- In step "Characteristics" select Plan, Version, Account, product category, Calendar Year/Month.
- In step "Characteristic Properties" set for each characteristic value selection "Using Variable" and select Display in Report.
- In step "Define Variables" set plan and version as mandatory and single select.
- Finish and assign the report to a work center view.
- Afterwards open the report in the browser.
Here you can create views and selections. You could create selections for your data slices. E.g. one selection for each month.
It is also a good idea to create a view that displays exactly the level on which you want to insert your data. Example: if you do not want to enter a value for a specific Account do not display the account. The data will then be distributed equally to the accounts.
If you do not enter values on totals disable the totals. It is then easier for you to insert the data.
The data limit can be set on view level (chart/table settings). You could increase the limit to e.g. 500.000 records. However, disabling the limit does not work for your plan as you then run out of HTTP memory.
"Sales Planning" "greyed out" "Excel" "Plan Data in Excel" , KBA , sales planning , greyed out , plan data in excel , excel , AP-RC-ANA-PLN , C4C, ByD: Analytics Planning , Problem