When a candidate applies to a job requisition, there are some information that are required, and one of them usually is the Resume. The resume was uploaded before applying and then after already applied to the job requisition, the candidate have noticed that there are some information missing in the resume, so the candidate updated the resume, but the resume was not updated in the Application.
- Candidate Profile
- Job Requisition Application
Reproducing the Issue
As a candidate, with your candidate profile created:
- Candidate -> Upload a resume in your candidate profile
- Candidate -> Apply to a job requisition
- Recruiter -> Open the job requisition
- Recruiter -> Open the application of this candidate
- Candidate -> Upload a new version of the resume in the candidate profile
As you can see now, the resume in the application of the candidate was not updated, the resume is still the same version as it was when the candidate applied for the first time.
This is happening because of a functionality called Candidate Application Snapshot. The Candidate Application Snapshot is a feature that when the recruiter first views or clicks in the application of the candidate, it will create a version of the candidate/application, storing the information as it is on that specific moment.
In this case there are two options:
- If you are aware that the candidate has changed some information after applying to the job requisition, access the candidate profile directly and get all the updated information if you need.
- Grant permission to EDIT CANDIDATE SNAPSHOT button, which is going to allow you to changed the candidate snapshot, and update the information as you may need. On more information on the snapshot enablement and configuration you can look at the article 2343932 and 2081624
Candidate Profile, Snapshot, Resume, Update, Application , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-APP , Applicants and Job Applications , How To