You are creating a KPI, however on saving you get the following error message:
'Report XYZ (XYZ stands for the report that your KPI is based on) cannot be used (based on key figure grid)'
SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the work center Business Analytics.
Select the view Design KPIs.
Click on New.
In the Report Name, select the desired report; for example, Headcount and FTE: Quarterly.
Select any key figure and selection.
Fill in the other mandatory entries.
Click on Check (or Save).
The report you selected contains a key figure grid. The purpose of a key figure grid is to report key figure structures and characteristics structures in 2 axis. In a KPI however, it is not possible to use 2 axis and hence such reports cannot be supported for the creation of KPIs.
You can create a report copy, remove the key figure grid and select the key figures to be used separately. Then you will be able to use your report copy for your KPI. The steps to do so are:
Go to the Business Analytics work center, view Design Reports.
- Search for the report you want to use for your KPI.
- Click on New > Report as Copy.
- Enter a report name and click on Next.
- In step 2, you will see a key figure group that is automatically selected. Expand it and take note of the key figures that are part of this group.
- Now de-select the key figure group and select the key figures separately instead.
- Go through the other settings and adjust them if necessary. For example, if you are copying a Headcount and FTE report and have removed the time series, you would need to select the characteristic Key Date in step 3.
- Finish your report copy and assign it.
- Now go back to the Design KPI work center view and create your KPI based on the report copy.
Create KPI, key figure grid, report cannot be used , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Problem