Customers want to know who accessed which page in SuccessFactors
Customers request for web access log.
Successfactors HCM Suite; BizX
Web access log is currently not available based on customer requests due to the following reasons.
- We currently only support write audit framework (data modification records). Web access report which covered by read audit framework (page view records) is not part of the SuccessFactors standard offering.
- The web access logs are stored along with server logs which contain confidential information about our IT infrastructure. Disclosing such information will raise security concerns which in turn, putting customer data at risk.
- The access logs are raw data that is not easy to read. Those logs could be used to troubleshoot specific issues if required but cannot be provided to customer directly.
Additional Information on the write audit framework that we support
The write audit framework is a free opt-in feature designed to record any changes to customer data.
This includes additions, deletions and modifications to customer data.
(Note that actions like page views or file downloads will not be audited)
This framework supports auditing for the core SuccessFactors Talent modules including Employee Central.
It does not support auditing for the Learning (LMS), Recruiting Marketing (RMK), JAM and Workforce Analytics/Planning modules.
By default, a maximum of 90 days of audit information is retained, and audit information is captured from the day the audit framework is enabled for a customer.
Process to request enabling write audit framework
Open a support incident providing following information.
1. Customer Name:
2. Company ID:
3. Datacenter (If you are not sure of your datacenter please share the URL you use to connect to your instance):
4. Admin user to enable the feature, this is a required field when turning on the audit framework (Last Name and First Name, not username or USERID):
The admin user will be setup as the owner of a job that queries audit tables.
5. Type of Audit (Basic, Comprehensive, Compensation, MDF):
Typical turnaround for these requests is 10 - 15 business days.
KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-AUDR , Request for Audit Report , How To