When creating a new Journal Entry Voucher, you receive the following error messages:
- 'No functional area could be assigned.'
- 'Derivation for accounting principle XXX, chart of accounts ABC, G/L account ZZZ.'
- 'Nonsales Object.'
- 'No type is assigned to cost center.'
- 'Journal entry voucher cannot be posted.'
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Journal Entries view -> Journal Entry Vouchers.
- Click New -> Journal Entry Voucher.
- Fill the fields as requested.
- Click Simulate.
See the error messages showed in Symptom area.
The origin of this behavior is regarding the lack of Functional area of the respective G/L Account for the Accounting Principle.
You have to maintain Functional area of the respective G/L Account for the Accounting Principle.
To maintain the data, follow the below steps:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Find Settings for Income Statements by Function of Expense and Earned Profit Analysis.
- Select and Click View.
- Click Edit Functional Area Determination.
Here you can maintain the required data.
Functional area, Journal entry voucher. , KBA , new jev failed , derivation for accouting principle , journal entry voucher cannot be posted , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To