- You are using SFAPI Adhoc entity in your integration using Boomi/SAP Cloud Platform Integration/SAP PI/PO or any other client tool
- The entity will reflect the following error Job failed! Job Id: TASK-ADHOC-XXXXX Job Name: SFAPI_YYYYY
Reproducing the Issue
- Using any client tool run SFAPI Adhoc entity
Due to a recent change to handle Security issues for Adhoc Reports, a patch (not related to 1802 release) was delivered which led to the Adhoc API failures since the Adhoc Reports were expected an updated Internal server side Job format.
The changes were rolled back with an emergency patch to remove this internal Name format dependency on Adhoc Reports.
- The name format is internal to SAP and is subjected to architecture design, hence the same is not published in the document.
- This KBA is only a root cause document officially released from SAP end.
How to avoid such issues in future?
- We have setup an internal process to validate such internal software dependencies to avoid any such issue in future.
- SFAPI entity failing after 1802 preview
- SFAPI entity failed