You are unable to update the material master valuation data due to system dumps.
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Inventory Valuation work center.
- Go to Master Data View.
- Select the Material XYZ (XYZ being the Material Id).
- Navigate to Valuation tab and select the relevant Companies/Business Residence line.
- Click on Edit Cost, enter the relevant input parameters along with Valid From details and click on OK.
- Click on Save.
To maintain the valuation data of the material, the system always checks in advance the next period is open or not.
If the next period is blocked or next period is falling under next year, make sure you open the year and periods.
Open the next fiscal year and have the next period ready in the system with relevant status blocked or unblocked.
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Select Set of Books and Assigned Companies View.
- Click on Edit Fiscal Years.
- Click on New Fiscal year and enter the details.
- Save and Close.
The same has to be done for all the companies where the material valuation has been maintained. After which you can save the valuation data for the materials.
Inventory Valuation, Dump, Exception , KBA , AP-FMD-MAT , Material Valuation Data , Problem