Competency functionality will remain in Learning after Q3 2018
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to LMS Admin
- Navigate to Performance
The supported usage of Competencies is to create them in BizX and synchronize to Learning using the Competency Connector - SF. These Competencies can then be associated with Items in Learning. Learning competencies can be recorded by auto-assessment via Learning Event Recorder. The competency assessment data related to learning completions will continue to exist in Learning, and is not going to be purged.
Functionality related to user-level competencies will not be supported in Learning; these should be managed in BizX. For this reason, the following functions will be removed from Learning or not supported:
- Competencies and Competency Profiles assignment to Users will not be supported.
- Competency Gap Assistant, Competency Assessment Recorder and Competency Assessment Editor to manage user-level competencies will be removed.
- Competency Portlet will be removed from Learning because it would only display Learning related competencies, which does not provide a complete picture. Customers will need to use BizX Competency Portlet that displays all competencies.
Customers will need to engage Professional Services to analyze their requirements and recommend BizX tools that can be implemented for the same functionality.
Some examples of Performance Tools:
- Competency Assessment Editor
- Competency Assessment Recorder
- Competency Gap Assistant
Competency Tile (thermometer) on the User side will be removed, including the Self-assessment initiation tool.
Competency, Competency Assessment Editor, competency Assessment Recorder, Competency Gap Assistant, Competency Tile, Competency Tile (thermometer), Self-assessment initiation tool, Initiate Self Assessment, sf, lms, b1808 q3 2018, release, change, functionalty; Removed Competencies related workflows , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , Admin Tools , LOD-SF-LMS-CDP , LMS Career Development Program , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , Problem