You are trying to delete an Activity from the Opportunities Workcenter and the System shows a Backend Error Message.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Navigate to the New Business Workcenter.
- Open the Opportunity View.
- Open the Opportunity ZZZ (ZZZ represents the Opportunity ID).
- Click on Delete Activity.
- The system shows a Backend Error Message.
You are using custom Sales Cycles and/or Sales Phases.
You can maintain custom Sales Cycles and Sales Phases in the Sales Cycles and Phases Acitivity from the Business Configuration Workcenter.
- If you maintain Sales Cycles and Phases with less or more than 3 characters, this behaviour can occur for some users.
In order to avoid this issue, maintain Sales Cycles and Phases with excatly three characters in length. To do so follow these steps:
Open the Business Configuration Workcenter.
- Find Sales Cycles and Phases Activity.
- Maintain Sales Cycles/Phases.
- Create custom Sales Cycles/Phases with exactly 3 characters in length.
To deal with already created opportunities and activities that cause a dump from the opportunity workcenter, you can delete them from Account Management Workcenter:
- Open the Account Management Workcenter.
- Navigate to the Activities View.
- Find Activity ZZZ.
- Click on Delete.
This will allow you to delete Activities with Sales Cycles/Phases using more/less than 3 characters.
Sales Cycles, Sales Phases, Dump, Backend Error, Opportunity, Delete, Löschen, Verkaufszyklen, Verkaufsphasen, Fehler , KBA , SRD-CRM-OPP , Opportunities , Bug Filed