You create a Service Quote.
- From this Service Quote you create a Service Order which you invoice.
- However, the status of the Service Quote still remains in Open.
SAP Business By Design
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Service Orders Work Centre.
- Go to the Service Quotes View.
- Find the Service Quote XXX (XXX represents the ID of the Service Quote).
The Service Quote is in status Open.
- Edit the Service Quote.
- Navigate to the Document Flow tab.
You can see that a Service Order and an Invoice have been created from the Service Quote.
According to the Help Documentation Service Quotes Quick Guide, the status of the Service Quote should be Completed when a Service Order with all the items of the Service Quote is created.
- However, the status of the Service Quote remains open, when you create a follow-up Service Order and remove the items from this order and then re-add them.
- The Change log of the Service Order does not show the changes when creating the order, therefore it is not possible from support side to determine whether these type of changes have been done.
The Service Quote can be manually set to Completed.
Service Quotes Quick Guide in the Help Documentation in your help center
Service Quote, status, open, follow-up document, service order , KBA , service quote , status open , follow-up documents , AP-CQP-CQ , Customer Quote , Problem