You have maintained an Austrian Tax Number for your non Austrian Seller.
You now create a Sales Document for an Austrian customer without a VAT number maintained (Private Account).
You expect the Seller/Ship-From Country to be selected as Tax Country, but instead the selected Tax Country is Austria.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Navigate to Sales Order Workcenter.
- Select New Sales Order.
- Enter Details for an Austrian Buyer that has no VAT number maintained.
- Select a non-Austrian Ship-From.
- Navigate to Items Tab.
- Select any Product.
- Navigate to Taxes Subtab.
- You can see that Austria is selected as Tax Country.
In the Austrian Tax Determination Tree, if the Seller is registered in Ship-To Country (Austria), Austria is as the taxable Country with Tax Code Distance Selling, if Products are sold to Customers without a maintained VAT number.
- This is the expected System behaviour.
- If the Customer Account has a VAT number maintained (Corporate Account) the Austrian Tax Determination does not consider Austria as Tax Country.
You can manually change the Tax Country in every Sales Document.
- You can also create a Rule via External Tax Determination Activity. Please see KBA 2332151 for further details on External Tax Determination.
Knowledge Base Article 2332151 - Configure Tax Event / Tax Code Determination for Special Use Cases, click here.
Österreich, Steuer, Steuerland, Steuerbestimmung, VAT, Austria, Tax, Event, Country, Code, Steuercode, tax code , KBA , AP-TTE-GLO , Cross-Country Extensions , Problem