SuccessFactors new data purge solution for Data Protection and Privacy now provides a master data purge of inactive users. The master data purge permanentlyand irreversibly removes inactive users and employments from your instance, along with their associated data from across the HCM Suite, including audit log data
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
The master data purge process is designed to ensure that data across the HCM Suite is purged first, before the user account, to avoid orphaned data. You can configure a different retention time for master data in each country,calculated from the employee's termination date.
To use the master data purge, you need to enable the new data retention time management (DRTM) solution and the DRTM Master Data purge object.
To use data retention time management (DRTM) functionality in the Data Retention Management tool, you need to have the following features enabled.
- Data Retention Management (DRM 2.0)
- Extension Center and/or Metadata Framework (MDF) (See Guide to What's New in Metadata Framework) . It is encouraged that customers upgrade to MDF via the "Upgrade Center" by enabling a feature called “Extension Center” this feature will automatically have MDF enabled see KBA 2379483 for further guidance.
- Role-based Permissions (RBP) (see Guide to Migrate to Role-Based Permissions)
Setting Up Data Retention Time Management DRTM Master Data purge object:
- Add the required DRTM Master Data purge object to your instance, using theUpgrade Center
- Grant users permission to configure retention times using the Metadata Framework (MDF) see below:
- MetaData Framework (MDF) Category -- Select All to configure Retention Time
- Data Retention Management Category : DRTM Master Data MDF Permission with create,insert,correct,delete and import/export
3.Create and Approve Purge Request Permission
- Manage Data Purge Category: Create and Approve DRTM Data Purge Request
4.Manage Users Category – Manage Users
5.Enable retention time configuration for each country where it is required, using the MDF Country object.
- Go to Admin Center→ Manage Data → DRTMMasterDataPurgeObject → USER → Take Action → Make Correction → Add Country, timeUnit, inactivePeriod
Note: If no country found in List, go to Manage Data→ Country→ Select 1 country, set Data Retention Enabled =Yes
Master Data purge should only deal with inactive user & matched country value & user exit Data out of retention time configuration.
- After completing above steps 1-5 , Navigate to Master Data Purge Create Purge Request
1.Go to Admin Center→ Data Retention Management → Create New Purge Request, input one sepcifc user or select countries and approver.
Note: From 1811 release you can now upload a list of multiple users, specified by User ID in a CSV file & ignore data retention time configuration.
2. Launch immediately or Schedule
3. Go to Admin Center → Maintenance Monitor → Check Request Awaiting Approval Tab, the request created will displayed here.
4. Approve/ Decline Request as required
- 2661609 - Required Field purgeGroup or Purge Object Group Field Are Not Editable in Data Retention Time Management (DRTM)
- 2608124 - Cannot Select Country While Creating DRTM - Employee Profile in Manage Data
- 2674762 - DRTM Purge Configuration -- EC Disabled Company -- Configuration and Troubleshooting
DRTM, Data Retention time Management, Master Data Purge, object, MDF, Metadata Framework, DRM,purgeGroup,Purge Object Group,Upgarde Center, Upgrade center, drtm, retention , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-DRM , Data Retention Management , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , LOD-SF-EC-ADM , Admin Tools , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem