Set up the HRIS sync mapping between Employee Central and the SuccessFactors platform so that you can use data protection and privacy features to purge inactive user data from the system.
An employee's termination date is used to calculate the data retention time for several types of user data, as well as the core user account. The HRIS sync mapping for the termination date is not hard coded in the system, so you have to map the fields that contain this date between Employee Central and the SAP SuccessFactors platform user record. If this sync is not set up correctly, the data purge features for data protection and privacy may not run successfully or retention times may be calculated incorrectly.
- Data Protection and Privacy - DRTM
Please follow the below steps to enable the companyExitDate (standard-element) field and create the sync-mapping. These steps can be performed by a System Administrator with appropriate permissions to the Manage Business Configuration feature.
Enable the companyExitDate field
Please refer article 2617614 - Employee Profile: How to Configure companyExitDate Field under Manage Business Configuration - for further guidance - this step can be performed by any permissioned System Administrator, using the Manage Business Configuration admin tool.
NOTE: If you are unable to complete the step to add the companyExitDate field to sysAllUserDirectorySetting because the View Template "sysUserDirectorySetting" is missing in Manage Business Configuration, please refer to article 2618236.
Configure the sync-mapping between EC "Termination Date" and Platform "Company Exit Date"
- Navigate to "employmentInfo" element under Employee Central > HRIS Elements
- Select "Details" to the right of the field "end-date"
- Scroll down the Details pop-up to the "HRIS Sync Mapping" section and select the Company Exit Date field
- Click "Done" then click "Save" at the bottom of the employmentInfo element field list
Once the field is added, make sure that Permission Role granted to the userId used for HRIS Sync has been granted View and Edit permissions for this field.
Full HRIS Sync
Once the field and sync-mapping are in place, please work with your Partner or Product Support to schedule and run a Full HRIS Sync for the instance (which will populate the companyExitDate field with the end-date value from EC). Please note that any such incident request will be treated no higher than a Medium priority. Therefore please plan in advance as requests can take up to 4 weeks to complete.
If you require SAP Cloud Product Support to run this job for you, please provide the following information:
- Super Admin User ID (this will be used to run the job - should have Target Population = Everyone and have permission to all EC and EP fields)
- Date/Time when the Full Sync job should be scheduled to run (it should always run after the Daily HRIS Sync job has run for the day - see article 2080065 - What is a Full HRIS Sync? - Employee Central
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are also configuring the Country of Company sync with Country - please only create the Full HRIS Sync request with support after both synhc-mappings have been added to the system. For more information please refer to 2618726 - Syncing the Country of Company between Employee Central and the SuccessFactors Platform
- You must have granted the HRIS Sync user with permission to the new field (companyExitDate) before requesting Product Support to run the Full HRIS Sync job, as well as providing Product Support with the time of day you wish the job to run at - this will ensure we can speed up your request with as little friction as possible.
- Any further queries in regards to Data Protection and Privacy, please refer to the related handbook.
- For questions related to Data Protection and Privacy, please ask these questions on the Customer Community forum, here.
- 2080065 - What is a Full HRIS Sync? - Employee Central
- 2618726 - Syncing the Country of Company between Employee Central and the SuccessFactors Platform
- 2617614 - Employee Profile: How to Configure companyExitDate Field under Manage Business Configuration
- 2618236 - Manage Business Configuration: sysUserDirectorySetting is missing from Employee Profile > View Template list
gdpr, data protection and privacy, ec, companyExitDate, end-date, DRTM, Data Retention Time Management , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-HRS , HRIS Sync , LOD-SF-PLT-DRM , Data Retention Management , LOD-SF-EC-BCI , BCUI & DM Config(XML) , How To