You want to use the Pro-Forma Invoice functionality, but you cannot find it on the Sales Orders, the Sales Quotes or the Service Order screen.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Sales Order work center.
- Go to the Sales Order view.
You cannot find the "Pro-Forma Invoice" button.
The relevant scoping questions for Pro-Forma invoice have not been scoped in the system. Hence, the "Pro-Forma Invoice" is not enabled in the system.
Go to Business Configuration Workcenter.
- Go to Implementation Projects.
- Select the First Implementation project and choose Edit Project Scope.
- Navigate to Step 3 Scoping.
- Click the Action button and Select Expand All.
- In Sales, go to Customer Invoicing.
- Check that Miscellaneous Invoicing is set on Select.
If it is not in Scope, it needs to be added.
If it is, check that the relevant options are activated:
- Navigate to Questions with Next.
- Select Miscellaneous Invoicing in Sales > Customer Invoicing.
- In Questions for Miscellaneous Invoicing, go to Group: Pro Forma Invoice (4)
- Check that the option Based on Service Order is In Scope.
- If not, set it to In Scope and Save Draft.
- Review and Confirm your changes.
Once the changes are done, you will be able to see the "Pro-Forma Invoice" button.
"Pro-Forma Invoice", "Sales Orders", "Sales Quotes", "Outbound Delivery", proforma, pro forma, scoping, in scope, Miscellaneous Invoicing , KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To