When you are creating a new invoice for a project, you enter all the information in the required fields. In the Item Details area you fill the G/L Account ABC, the Account Assignment Type with Project Task, and finally, the Project Task ID.
When you click the button Check, the below error message appears:
'Item X: Mandatory account assignment for account XYZ is missing: Cost Center'
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
1. Supplier Invoicing work center.
2. New Invoice Without Purchase Order view.
3. Add an item.
4. Under Items Details section, fill Account Assignment Type as PRO - Project Task.
5. Enter all required and relevant data.
6. Select Check button.
7. Error message appears.
The error message appears because for this G/L Account, in the activity Mandatory Account Assignments, there is a row marking Account Assignment Type as CC - Cost Center; and in this document that is being created, it is using Project Task as Account Assignment Type.
In order to be able to post the costs under a Project Task, do not make Cost Center as mandatory in the configurations for Account Assignment Type for the selected G/L Account.
To correct it, follow the below steps:
1. Business Configuration work center.
2. Overview view.
3. Mandatory Account Assignments activity.
4. Select the relevant Chart of Accounts.
5. Delete row that makes Cost Center mandatory for the G/L Account in question.
Mandatory Account Assignments. Cost Center. New Invoice. G/L Account. , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To