- Data Purge in Succession
- Data Time Retention Management tool in Succession to purge data
SuccessFactors BIZX: Succession Management
What is it?
This enhancement supports the “right to erasure or be forgotten” as prescribed within Data Protection and Privacy regulations – essentially allowing the Data Protection Officer (DPO) to effectively purge personal data associated with a subject user. The DPO can use the newly redesigned Data Time Retention Management (DTRM) tool available through Manage Data in Admin Center to configure retention rules by country for Performance reviews purge object.
Prerequisites & Configuration
- MDF (Generic Objects) (Provisioning)
- RBP: Admin Center >User Permission-> Data Retention Management > DRTM Succession Planning -> Give the necessary permission
- Enable DRM: Company Setting > Company System and Logo Settings > Data Retention Management
- Enable Countries for Data Retention Management: in Admin Center > Manage Data)
- Succession Planning
You need to activate "DRTM Succession" in Upgrade Center.
If you have already activated "DRTM Succession" in the Q4 2017 release, you need to activate the new version of "DRTM Succession" again, as there have been functional changes.
1: Go to Admin Center-> Data Retention Management
2: Click Create New Purge Request
3: Select DTRM Succession Purge
4: Under Define Subject Criteria, select whether you want to purge data for a single specified user or for set of users based on combination of user status and country
5: Select Purge Object as below:
A. Purge object “Succession Nominations”:
- purges nominations for all succession and talent pool nomination methods
- purge nomination history for all succession nomination methods
- Reference Date:
▫Inactive Users: date of termination: purge data of those users who have been inactive for a period of n years/months. Technical field used for “date of termination” here is USERS_SYS_VALID in UserSysInfo.▫Active Users: date when the succession nomination was last changed
B. Purge object “Position Incumbents”:
- purges incumbent of legacy positions and of MDF positions (only needed/relevant for customers NOT using EC)
- Reference Date:
▫Inactive Users: date of termination: purge data of those users who have been inactive for a period of n years/months Technical field used for “date of termination” here is USERS_SYS_VALID in UserSysInfo.
▫Active Users: no purge supported
The new purge option "DRTM Succession Purge“ covers formless nomination only (no form-based succession nominations).
6: Add one or more approvers to your purge request
7: Choose whether to Schedule your purge request or to Launch Immediately
- DTRM Succession
- Data Time Retention Management