You have created a new Asset Valuation View and assigned to multiple Set of Books. Now you can see the status of the new Asset Valuation View is 3 - Partially Active and you expect the status should be 1 - Active.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Business Configuration work center
- Click on Overview and search for the activity - Fixed Asset Valuation View
- Select the new Valuation View and click on Assignment to Accounting Principle
- Select the Set of Books and click on Save
- Now, search for the fine tune activity - Set of Books
- Select the Set of Books and click on Edit
- Go to Fixed Asset Settings tab
- Under Company Details, you see the Asset Valuation View Status is 3 - Partially Active.
You expect the status 1 - Active.
Once the fixed asset is with status capitalized or Retired, system shows the status as 3 - Partially Active. This status cannot be change to 1- Active, neither from the UI nor in the backend. If there are no postings with respect to the Fixed Assets, the status is set to 1- Active.
This is the expected system behavior.
Set of Books - Asset Valuation View Status, Unable to add new Asset Valuation view , KBA , set of books - asset valuation view , unable to add new asset valuation view , AP-FMD-SOB , Set of Books , Problem