WFA user maintenance can now be synchronised to BizX instead of being maintained separately. This disables changes in the WFA User Maintenance tool and instead replicates users and user changes every night at 1am server time.
SuccessFactors WFA or ORD instances linked to BizX
Reproducing the Issue
This takes effect across all linked Analytics instances with the b1802 product release.
The User Sync is automatically run as a Cron Job on the Job Server.
- It runs daily at 1am
- It runs for ALL organisations in the data centre.
- It will run for any new instance added to an existing data centre.
- It will ignore any WFA organisation that does not have a linked BizX instance.
Following are some tools that may help investigating issues with the Nightly User Sync:
- In the WSTWebApp -> Data Object Management -> Cron Job Schedules, the schedule can be found by filtering for “UserSyncTask”
- In WFA Infohrm Admin the Jobs Administration can be used to view logs of the User Sync
- In WFA Infohrm Admin-> EC2MDF Report Migration tool can be used to run the User Sync manually for one or more Organisations. Select the Organisation/s and then press Run User Sync button
- Finally, as per the Release Notes, WFA User Maintenance has a Sync button to run the Sync for a selected User
Points to Note
- If a Report Distributor bundle is distributed by email, the user’s email address will be synced from BizX prior to distributing the bundle.
- If a user that exists in WFA is not found in the corresponding BizX instance, the WFA User will be set to inactive.
KBA , LOD-SF-WFA-ADM , Admin Tools , Product Enhancement