When a Product has mandatory Serial Number Profile as Mandatory on all Logistics & Production Processes, you need to enter a Serial Number when confirming the Production Task XXX. However you face errors when trying to do so.
XXX = Production Task ID
SAP Business ByDesign 1802
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Execution work center.
- Select Production Tasks view
- Search for the Production Task XXX.
- Select Confirm.
- Select the Output Product.
- Select Serial Number tab.
- Enter any Serial Number, as an example ABC.
The errors appear:
Serial number ABC does not exist in inventory
Serial number ABC cannot be recieved to the logistics area
ABC = Serial Number ID
You cannot create a Serial Number when confirming the task. You have to enter a Serial Number which already exists in the system.
You can check the existing Serial Number by following the steps:
- Go to Production Control.
- Select Serial Inventory Overview common task.
- Search for the Output Product for task XXX.
- Select Go.
Check the existing Serial Numbers. You will be able to enter any of them in the Production Task XXX.
Serial number cannot be received to the logistics area Production Task Serial Number , KBA , serial number cannot be received to the , production task , serial number , AP-PE-TSK , Production Task , Problem