When creating a candidate profile, the data field in a background element alerts a candidate that the field has reached the maximum number of allowable characters (4000) even if the contents entered did not reach the said number.
SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
Create a profile in the career site.
- Enter the information in the data fields of a background element. (Note: Information entered using resume parsing feature is also applicable.)
- Save the candidate profile.
- Receive an error message: Allowed characters: 4000
This is caused by the configuration in the candidate profile template. The data field uses a max-length which limits the number of characters entered.
Export the latest version of the candidate profile template either from Provisioning or Admin Center >> Manage Templates.
- Locate the data field in question and check the max-length defined in for the field.
- As per the SF Recruiting Implementation Guide, the max-length can be configured between 1 to 4000. The max-length acts as a character limit on the field. For example, if the max length is 250, the candidate can enter more than 250 characters in the field but if the candidate attempts to save when the content of the field exceeds the max length, the system will display an error message.
- Customer may either change the max-length configured in the field and use a number between 1 to 4000. Changing the configuration may involve partner or professional services involvement as they will also need to change the max-length in the succession data model to synchronize the configuration with the candidate profile template.
- Allowed characters: 4000
- Error in saving candidate profile
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting all versions