- The following errors occur when mapping values to versions / categories in SAP Analytics Cloud:
- [Application Error]:oCategoryData.targetVersion.Trim is not a function.
- sVersionColumnName.replace is not a function.
- Unable to map numeric values to existing versions in an existing model.
- The same workflow does not produce any errors when mapping numeric values to a new version when creating a new model from a file.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.3.4
Reproducing the Issue
- Prepare an import file (CSV / XLSX / TXT) having a Category column with distinct numeric values (for example: 1000, 1.22).
Create a new model by importing the a file into SAP Analytics Cloud.
Change the Type of Category column to Version and click the Map Versions button.
For the distinct value (1000), choose Category as Actuals and then type Actual as the Version.
=> Version Map updated successfully.
Click Create Model button to complete the model creation.
Go back to Models and then select the new model.
Click Import Date From File and then select the same file prepared in step 1.
In the Data Integration window, select the Category object and then click the Map Versions button.
For the distinct value (1000), choose Category as Actuals and then choose Actual from dropdown list as Version.
=> Error message "sVersionColumnName.replace is not a function" appears.
=> Unable to map the numeric value from file to existing version in existing models.
This issue is resolved in 2018.5
- In the import data page, before clicking the Map Version button, unmap the version dimension by clicking the 'X' in the version dimension card.
- Map the version dimension again by dragging the corresponding column to the version dimension card.
- Go to the grid view, observe that the dataType of the version column is 'Text' instead of 'Number'.
- Click the Map Versions button again.
- Map Versions should be successful this time.
- As long as the dataType of the version column is 'Text', the Map Versions button should work as expected.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, sVersionColumnName.replace, sVersionColumnName, map, version, category, file, import, upload , KBA , error uploading file.xlsx , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem