You are trying to migrate Discount Lists through Migration Tool, but you are facing the error message below:
"Mandatory currency is missing"
SAP Business ByDesign 1711 and higher.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Business Configuration Overview;
- Search for Migration of Discount Lists;
- Click on Migrate discount lists using the migration tool;
- Execute migration step by step for the required file;
- In the simulation step, you will see the mentioned error.
You created a custom Price List XYZ, which has the same key (XYZ) in a standard table, as Buyer. During migration, the system decides weather it is a discount or a price, but before that, it uses the key fields from the template to select the price table, since the key fields of both the custom table and the standard table (Buyer) are the same (XYZ), the system selects the custom table (the logic works in a way where custom has priority over the standard).
Since XZY is a table for price, it tries to find out the currency for it and fails, showing the mentioned error message.
(XYZ stands for the name of a custom Price List)
To solve this scenario, please follow the steps below:
Download all the data in the excel using excel download functionality;
- Then scope the standard Customer Specific Price List (check the steps below).
- Upload back the Customer Specific Price List data.
- Then migrate the Customer Specific Discount Lists.
To scope the Customer Specific Price List follow the steps below:
- Go to Business Configuration work center;
- Implementation Projects view;
- Click on Edit Project Scope;
- Navigate to the questions step;
- In General Business Data;
- Price and Discount list;
- Scope Customer Specific Price List.
Migration of Discount Lists, Error Message, Mandatory Currency Missing, Custom Price List , KBA , AP-PMD-SPL , Sales Price List , Problem